Flash Field Folks: Temp VR Staff
August 2, 2018
Each election cycle, our staff & volunteers support about 10,000 young Montanans register to vote, update their address, or sign up to vote absentee. With school starting on campuses across the state, we’re polishing our clipboards, buying new pens, and rolling up our sleeves to register 1000s of new students in Montana.
We’re looking for 15 temporary field staff members to support voter registration efforts during the first week of school at University of Montana, Montana State University, and Montana State University-Billings. Each campus will have 5 temporary staff members who can work up to 24 hours over the week long period. The strongest applicants will be enthusiastic about building youth power, committed to hitting metric goals, and stoked to hold a clipboard and wear a fanny pack!
- Field Efforts: Responsible showing up to scheduled shifts; Responsible for hitting metric goals collaborative set by regional Field Managers and Field Teams.
Gotta-Have Skill Sets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Enthusiastic about building youth power, through field efforts
- Commitment to showing up on time and ready to hit set metrics
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Experience conducting field efforts
Strong Applications will be:
- Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Temporary position based out of regional field offices
- Comfortable conducting field work, including voter registration, canvassing, and street teaming, for up to 4 hours at a time, often in a stationary position
- Compensation: $15.00/hr for up to 24 hours between August 29 & September 7
- Location: Bozeman, Missoula, & Billings, Montana
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please fill out this online form no later than August 20th.