High School Outreach Coordinator
August 2, 2018
FMF is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to manage our Underage Democracy Civics program, our High School Fellowship, and our Democracy Days events across the state of Montana. The Coordinator will be responsible for building relationships with educators and student leaders and providing support as local leaders implement these programs on their campuses and in their classrooms. Applicants should have a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities and building the power of our generation.
- Program Implementation & Evaluation: Supporting the development of some program materials; collecting & analyzing data to better understand the Underage Democracy & Democracy Days programs and learning outcomes; Building & leading workshops about civic engagement for the High School Fellowship program
- Relationship Building: Building and deepening relationships with educators and administrators within the schools piloting for the Underage Democracy program; Providing support in implementation of the program to educators and student leaders.
Gotta-Have Skill Sets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Passion for building youth power
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by deadline
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies including high school students, educators, and administrators
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Proficiency with GoogleDocs
- Experience analyzing data
- Comfortable public speaking
- Experience in a K-12 educational setting (broadly defined)
Strong Applications will be:
- Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Shared office space with regional field team
- Flexible and at times unusual work hours, including evenings
- Compensation: $13.50 per hour, 20 hours per week through November 25
- Location: The coordinator must be based in Montana, preferably in Billings, Missoula, or Bozeman, MT.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Kiah Abbey, Deputy Director, at email@example.com with the subject line “High School Outreach Coordinator”.