Statewide Field Manager
July 9, 2019
Because you believe in a Montana that believes in you.
Forward Montana and Forward Montana Foundation (FMT) are dedicated to engaging and mobilizing young Montanans to shape their democracy and to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings.
FMT is seeking a Statewide Field Manager to build relationships, scale our statewide programs, lead campaigns outside of our core communities, facilitate our High School Underage Democracy programs, and traverse Montana registering university students from Dillon to Havre. The Statewide Field Manager will build relationships with students and administration to support civic engagement on their campuses. They will coordinate and implement FMF’s annual campus tour slinging clipboards and doing class raps at campuses across Montana and work closely with our regional field teams to scale our civic and political programming to communities outside of Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings. The Statewide Field Manager will also oversee our Underage Democracy Civics program, our High School Fellowship, and our Democracy Days events across the state. Applicants must be self-reliant, take initiative, love road trips, and have a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities.
- Program Implementation: Responsible for meeting program goals set in coordination with the Program Director through canvassing, street teaming, tabling, and class raps; Should be metric driven and comfortable conducting field hours for 6 to 8 hours at a time. Responsible for facilitating our high school programming including our High School Fellowship and Underage Democracy curriculums; Supporting the development of program materials; collecting & analyzing data to better understand the Underage Democracy & Democracy Days programs and learning outcomes; Building & leading workshops about civic engagement for the High School Fellowship program
- Relationship Building: Must be invested in building the power and capacity of both young Montanans and FMT; Responsible for representing FMT’s brand to long time supporters and folks new to the organization; Responsible for starting and/or deepening relationships with campus and high school administrators, educators, student leaders, and other community leaders; should be comfortable talking to a variety of stakeholders and hosting small supporter gatherings.
- Admin & Management: Responsible for organizing, conducting quality control, and turning in all voter registration forms to the appropriate county offices; Must be organized and trustworthy.
Gotta-Have Skill Sets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Passion for grassroots organizing and building youth power, including field work
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by deadline
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including peers, community partners, volunteers, donors, and elected officials; Must be able to effectively communicate with a remote supervisor
- Ability to stay productive and focused while traveling
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Experience in planning successful events and meetings
- Comfortable public speaking
- Demonstrated ability for proactive thinking and a comfort with frequent change and urgency
- Some experience in a K-12 setting (broadly defined)
Strong Applications will be:
- Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Comfortable conducting field work, including voter registration, canvassing, and street teaming, for up to 6 hours at a time, often in a stationary position, in all weather conditions pending safety
- Will have to work some nights and weekends
- Compensation: $30,000-$33,000 per year DOE.
- Location: Travel is required for this position.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Amara Reese-Hansell, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Statewide Field Manager”.